Helena, Montana
Home   |

Officials warn about Carbon Monoxide in PSA campaign

HELENA – The City of Helena and Helena Fire Department are cautioning residents about the dangers of Carbon Monoxide in a new public service campaign.

In the campaign Helena Fire Marshal Lou Antonick and City Chief Building Official Jon Pallister ask the public to inspect and check their heating systems and maintain them throughout the heating season.

Carbon Monoxide detectors along with smoke detectors should be installed throughout the home and the batteries should be changed seasonally.

Officials in the campaign also urge residents to know the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning, including dizziness, headache and nausea.

According to the CDC, during 2010 to 2015, a total of 2,244 deaths resulted from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning. https://www.cdc.gov/co/default.htm

During that time the highest numbers of deaths each year occurred in winter months.

John Riley

John Riley

Scroll to top
Skip to content